Biometrics is a Greek word and combination of two words Bio and Metrics. Bio mean life and Metrics mean the measure. Biometrics term normally refers to the study of people’s biological characteristics. Now biometric technology is widely used for a single person identification and security. We can use biometrics finger scanning technique for the employee attendance management system. Now day’s biometric time attendance system are becoming popular to manage attendance system. Biometric attendance system works quite efficiently and stop buddy punching. Like the traditional card swapping and pin passwords methods you don’t need to bring card and remember passwords.
How Biometric Attendance System Works ?
Biometric finger print scanner system works very efficiently and quickly as you can read in below described steps. For identification process a biometric physiological finger Scanner works on two basic principles.
- First, it takes an image of a finger.
- Then finger scanner save specific characteristics of every unique finger and saved in the form of bio metric encrypt key.
- Actually finger print scanner never saves images of a finger only series of binary code for verification purpose.
- No one can change the algorithm into an image so it is totally impossible to duplicate your finger prints so no need to worry about it.
- Secondly the biometric attendance system determines whether the pattern of ridges and valleys in this image matches the pattern of ridges and valleys in pre-scanned images.
- So now fingerprint scanner is operational and you can easily manage employee’s attendance and every aspect related to time.
Check out Best Biometric Time Attendance System Provider in Saudi Arabia at SolutionDots blog.
There are basic two types of biometrics “Physiological” and “Behavior”. For biometric attendance system works physiological biometric technique is used. Now we will discuss these two biometrics techniques one by one.
Physiological biometric mean human characteristics, i.e. the shape and composition of the body. There are several ways to identify a human with the help of physiological biometric characteristics. The most commonly used physiological biometric identification can be done via face, fingerprints, hand geometry, retina, iris, signature, vein and voice.
Physiological face verification can be used for identification of a person. With this technique person is identified through its facial characteristics and pattern.
Finger print technique is also a part of physiological biometric. As we know that every human being fingerprints are different and unique from each other. So we can use this technique for biometric attendance system works. The accuracy rate of finger print scanning is very high and it is cheap technology. As compared to other physiological biometrics techniques like DNA, Iris and retina used for verification.
In hand geometry technique identification process is done by measuring length of fingers, shape of the hands and palm geometry of a person.
In physiological retina technique blood vessel at the back side of the eye is checked to match unique person retina. For this purpose low frequency beam is used to scan retina.
For signature verification specific person name spelling, writing style, word pattern are checked and match with the already record signature.
For vein recognition pattern of vein on the back side of the hand or wrist is checked to identify authorized person only.
The voice recognition technique can also be used for verification purpose. Each man voice tone, pitch and frequency always differ so this technique is not reliable. Because parody of any man is possible. Little change in voice because of cold or fever will stop and make it impossible to identify you.
The DNA of each human being is different and we can use this physiological biometric to identify any person uniquely. The accuracy rate of identification through DNA is very high, but this technique is very expensive.
The behavioral biometric technique of a person includes characteristics like how he walks and scanners are used for it. Brain wave signaling and electronic Tattoos techniques are improved behavioral authentication techniques. We can use a behavioral biometric technique also for biometric attendance system works but equipment’s and system installation is too much costly.
Advantages of Using Biometric Attendance System Works
There are so many advantages of using biometric attendance system works. Read below how biometric system can be beneficial for your organization and advantages of using it are
- Installation system of biometric attendance system is easy.
- Biometric time attendance system works very quickly and its user interface is very friendly.
- Biometric attendance system stops buddy punching like cards or PIN passwords.
- Accuracy rate of the biometrics attendance system is very high.
- Finger print scanner equipment is inexpensive.
- No one can fake or create replica your finger prints.
- Employees can miss or forget his/her attendance cards, but not the finger.
- Employees don’t need to remember long PIN, passwords and patterns.
- Attendance by biometric finger scanner is fast process it hardly take 1 to 5 seconds only.
- Attendance by biometric scanner gives you always accurate data record.
- Biometric attendance system can easily reject an unauthorized person within no time.
- Companies with the help of biometric attendance system can check worker clock in and clock out time.
- Attendance system can manage a number of employee attendance data efficiently.
- Biometric attendance system control over timing hours of employees.
- System helps you to control labor cost by reducing over payments.
- You don’t need to calculate separately vacation, sick leaves and extra timing hours.
- Biometric attendance system reduces manually data entry errors.
- Festivals, holidays and leave management is cool and simple.
- Biometric attendance system works take less than 5 seconds to recognize authorized person.